When we were starting on the tour, we caught the bus in front of St. Paul’s (Episcopal) Cathedral. Just as we were getting ready to board, the bells went off. If I can download the video, I’ll include it here. They were spectacular and went on for a good 5 minutes.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Yarra Valley Wines
You may have heard on the news that there were terrible brush fires near Melbourne. The good news is we weren’t in any of them. The bad news is that the wineries we were to visit were. Thus, our visit to 5 wineries today was cut to a visit to 3 wineries. It’s really terrible – thousands of acres of grapevines (in some cases) burned and completely ruined. In other instances, the wineries have lost buildings and machinery, or their employees have lost their homes. We could understand why they’d be closed down and not want to muck around with a bunch of tourists.

When we were starting on the tour, we caught the bus in front of St. Paul’s (Episcopal) Cathedral. Just as we were getting ready to board, the bells went off. If I can download the video, I’ll include it here. They were spectacular and went on for a good 5 minutes.
When we were starting on the tour, we caught the bus in front of St. Paul’s (Episcopal) Cathedral. Just as we were getting ready to board, the bells went off. If I can download the video, I’ll include it here. They were spectacular and went on for a good 5 minutes.